No 1 Virtual Meeting Rooms connect for Face to Face meetings from Any Device and Any Platform
Make sure the Virtual Meeting Rooms your buying are able to connect to any device and any platform.
That sounds a basic request however a lot of today's offering have limits, simply run down a list of devices and platforms and check they can connect to them all.
2. Check that the Virtual Meeting Rooms connect to the devices and platforms your Key Suppliers, Customers and Partners have.
Again this sounds basic, but 90% of organisations think internal 1st and last and miss the opportunity of connecting face to face with their eco-system using Virtual Meeting Rooms.
Why is this important?
a) Up to 95% of a companies Travel and Meetings budgets is spent visiting their eco-system and this is not just a cost concern.
b) The productivity gains from reducing travel and commuting to this eco-system is by far the greatest win, enabling you to meet with them quickly and make or get decisions.
c) Why is that important? The speed organisations innovate today is exceptionally important and more and more innovation is actually co-developed with partners or suppliers.
d) The ability to move faster than you market and competition is a very real competitive edge.
3. Microsoft Certified Virtual Meeting Rooms
For those IT Teams that have Skype for Business or work with an eco-system that has it (79.3% of the Enterprise Market for Unified Communications) its pretty key for support reasons to use one that is certified by Microsoft.
We strongly advocate you cover:
- Lync certified
- Skype For Business Certified (Cloud and On Premise)
- Teams Certified
4. Future Proof Virtual Meeting Rooms
For two reasons that are timely a solution that is backward and forward compatible is key.
Microsoft Teams it has already been announced will replace Skype for Business, so having a solution that is Teams compatible and Certified.
5. Google Hangouts Meet natively compatible Virtual Meeting Rooms
A solution that caters for Google Hangouts is key for those that have SMB (Smaller Businesses) or Media and Creative customer bases that tend to lean towards Google as a platform.
6. Virtual Meeting Room - Native Solutions
These require the following key criteria:-
- No Software
- No Plugins
Both of these requirements mean that ultimately your working with a tool that has been designed around the solution and often in partnership with its designers.
These slow down "load times" for performance and add excessive Builds to corporate Images that add headaches and delays to the IT administration workload.
7. Virtual Meeting Rooms that require No New Workflows
No new workflows
Any training burden can reduce the impact and delay the adoption of any new initiative.
Therefore deploying one that has "no new Workflows" ensures:
- low levels of deployment lifting
- Easy adoption by end Users
8. Virtual Meeting Rooms that deliver companywide Frictionless Collaboration
This is an all embracing Term in addition to the IT burden we advocate ensuring that the burden on key stakeholders is low or Frictionless.
Gets simple process to work with and one that extends their communication reach and efficiency.
Gets a Opex based solution whose usage reflects in the cost, and whose subscription costs are monthly, annual to adapt for changing profiles of use.
That the End User
Has something thats easy to use, has 1 Click to Join preferably from a laptop, Desktop and Smart device.
9. Virtual Rooms that are Frictionless and deliver - 1 Click to Join
Both the host and Guest of the meeting want a simple joining experience, ideally 1 click.
The browser no has become the window to the world for numerous Latop's, Desktop's and Smart Devices who are now equipped with Camera's as the standard. This makes it much easier for the unaccustomed user to enter a call/ meeting in 1 click, share content and chat across platform.
The highest specification of Virtual Meeting Rooms have invested in what's called webRTC or web real time communication where the video stream and audio stream are processed by the browser, without the need for a download of any software.
As the chart below shows this now spans browsers on all major desk/laptop's and Andriod and iOS devices native browsers.
10. Virtual Meeting Rooms with flexible Commercials
Make sure you have the maximum flexibility in commercials and look out for:
- Monthly and annual tariff's
- Pay As You Go tariff's
- Audio Conferencing Per Minute or Subscription
- No minimum purchase of room numbers
- The ability to move between tariff's
- The ease of cancellation
Summary Virtual Meeting Rooms must have:
- And Device and Platform connectivity
- The ability to connect to whatever your current or future eco-system has
- The assurance that they are Microsoft Certified Solutions
- That they are Future proof with Team's capability
- Can Natively connect to Google Hangouts
- Are Native Solutions requiring no downloads or plugins
- Require no new workflows
- are easy to join across webRTC enabled browsers on every device type including iOS and Android
- Have flexible commercials