Crucial to any 5D communication when your considering moving up from 3D Skype for Business to add:
- Cross Platform connectivity
- Cross Device connectivity
is the ingredients of the offering, its scalability, commercials, security etc, this blog covers some of the areas in a simple checklist.
The team from Pexip have world class pedigree coming from the succesfull, Tandberg and Cisco stables. In 5 short years they have established the industry interoperability standards in a way that is sensitive to to the clients needs, not just technology for technologies sake.
Yes they connect any device and any platform to a face to face Virtual Meeting however it is how they do it that you need to consider:
- There approach whoever they integrate with is a frictionless experience, no software to download, No plugins require a simple native connection
- So what do we mean by this and where are the real gems in the solution?
- Take Browsers, with Pexip you can connect from any browser with 1 Click, no downloading software.
- They use the webRTC standard to connect through the browser itself by passing the need for software
- They use the native elements of webRTC to ease the end users meeting journey and IT managers concerns.
- With Microsoft face to face meetings they used the same approach.- The virtual meeting room address is an email address stored in a contact record.
- You can connect by simply searching for that contact in Skype for Business and clicking on Video to connect face to face.
No plugins, No power shell, no software to download.
Its one of the reasons:
- They are certified for On Premise and Cloud Skype for Business
- And now Teams as well.
Microsoft have developed their solutions to run on Azure Servers as have Pexip. So it's important particularly for Microsoft houses that any cloud solution is hosted on Azure, especially as Teams access is authorised on Azure.
Having a Global Azure Data Centre network helps in a number of ways:
- scaling the solution to any of 54 countries and regions
- having the scope to manage data sovereignty concerns
- as well as military grade security and SLA's
Audio scale is also important enabling you to be able to:
- scale audio conference connectivity from any country into any face to face meeting with a standard audio customer journey.
- This enables the customer to consolidate web and audio and face to face meeting suppliers
- Twilio enables you to do this and bring audio attendees in at very competitive rates
- The commercials and scale are two considerations but the third is the ability to add unlimited attendees with no hardware volume limits, no capacity choke points, no one hearing "line busy tones"
Ultimately you then need to think about image, corporate look and feel and branding.
Some vendors offer branding from the domain right through the service communication and access points.