The new click to join a meetings has been launched for iOS devices on version 11 or newer.
Safari can now host face to face meetings from iOS devices both IPhone and IPad's equipped with iOS 11.0 onwards.
These great devices with excellent user journeys now have the ability to host meetings with:
- a click of a url / link
- No APP
- No Software to install
- Just native Safari and you in the meeting with 1 Click!
What's more this functionality now joins the host of browser's than can facilitate Face to Face meetings with:
- No plugin's
- No software downloads
So you can now extend for example a Skype for Business meeting to any browser based attendee outside the company who is on:
- A desktop device
- A laptop device
- An Android Device
- An Apple device
Powerful, no need to federate, simply send them the link to the meeting and presto they are in.
This enlarges the single click to join meeting experience to all APPLE iOS devices.
Desktop and Laptop devices have had this capability as have Android for some years.
So from and IT perspective we've removed:
- The need for software downloads, another plugin to be added to the corporate build and no federation requirements for external users.
From a Host of Guest viewpoint we have:
- As simple user journey with no download or plugins to offer any client, contractor, supplier or partner.
From a Business perspective:
We can connect to four common platforms with a simple URL link, Desktop, Laptop, Android and Apple iOS and therefore extend our 5D face to face communication to any client, contractor, supplier or partner.
No downloads / No plugins
The No Downloads and No plugin family of devices, platforms also extends to 3D communication leader Microsoft Skype for Business.
The native functionality that is capable with this No Plugin and No download capability using Pexip based solutions is a huge step forward. Native Microsoft functions supporting face to face meetings to any device and any platform is a giant leap for Microsoft setting new standards few can match.
Ultimately the browsers have all now welcomed WebRTC (Web Real Time Communication) standards and made it easy for the IT Manager to extend Skype for Business to any browser.
Whilst this is VERY close to 4D Communication (excludes Video equipment and a number of Collaboration tools) the ALL browser and Skype for Business click to join capability is a powerful combination of Familiar user workflows and simple customer journeys.
However, Ultimately everyone is still striving for what we call and recognise as 5D Communication to and across any Platform.
We see time and again companies striving for 5D communication collaborating using any device and any platform.
- Browser access in one click from any browser with No downloads and no plugins.
- Native access from Skype for Business, no downloads no plugins.
- Better customer journeys.
- Easier access from all desktop, laptop and mobile browsers.
- No downloads and No plugin IT admin headaches.
- No downloads and no plugin end user installation headaches.