As everyone returns to work, firmly clutching their New Year's resolutions, many are crying out for a better way of working.
327 million workers have already escaped the old methods of:
- Dull audio conferences (1D)
- Endless WebEx screensharing (2D)
And are returning instead to Visual Communication without the 'logistical hassle of travelling,' 3D Communication lives are progressing at a fast pace!
Communication is moving up a notch once again so here's a look at where the forerunners have headed:
4D - Any device Visual Communication - Skype for Business, (soon to be absorbed into Teams), is the market leader and growing every day.
However, the likes of Arup and other adventurous front-runners have already moved to 4D Communication:
- They rely on knowledge sharing - it's ingrained into their business practices
- Being able to communicate with suppliers, contractors, partners and customers effectively and efficiently
- Running at high levels of productivity and reaching key business decisions quickly is crucial
We see 4D communication as having only 2 inherent weaknesses, and are looking instead to:
- 5D - allowing visual communication across any platform
- 6D - integrating 5D communication to common workflows and systems to increase productivity
Arup are at 5D and if I were a betting man are most likely planning the next level of communication leap to 6D. For those of you looking for a positive resolution this year, who are currently on 1D or 2D communication; you need to get your skates on, aiming for 5D to catch up isn't a bad goal if you would like to achieve:
- A quantum leap in productivity
- Faster input into key decisions from key people
- Making better business decisions much faster, together